01 September 2019

September Steps In


August becomes September.
The rich summer flourish takes 
a slow turn into quiet changes
in temperature, tone and color.


Friends keep swimming.


Skies keep shifting.



My friend Steve and I visited our friend
Vanessa, who introduced us to King Tut.


I finally found a clean copy of 
The Beatles' Revolver on vinyl.


Vanessa hooked me up with some
very sweet Beatles swag from 1964.


Cookie Monster ice cream is everything.




It's all about the booty.



I visited my Dad's favorite
hometown bakery in Hazleton, PA.
It's always nice to know that in a 
world of Starbucks and Panera there is 
still a market for a family owned, time 
honored business that makes good food.


Tack Is Wack



Who doesn't love a trashy motel?










Between flea markets and strange discount 
shops, Pennsylvania never disappoints me.


My favorite color is HELL YES.








This was waiting for me at a thrift shop.
I was more than happy to bring it home.


This mess was there as well
however I left ALL of it where it was.


I'd love to know how long these 1970s
Safeguard soaps were sitting in a closet or
warehouse before they arrived at the thrift shop.
Who kept them for so long and why?





Who knew that Gina Lollobrigida
was a photographer? I sure didn't.
Yes, of course, I bought the book.


Join our record club today!




So fresh and so clean.


Scott's yard at night.


Mom and Dad's yard by day.




Dinner with the folks (and Chancey).






Late summer lounging with Scott.



Salvation Army tableaux.



The Salvation Army in 
Hazleton, PA was formerly Rosen's.









Roadside sculptures: Beaver Meadows, PA




Booty's Place... Hazleton, PA


Green Machine - Hazleton, PA



Abandoned Service Station - Beaver Meadows, PA


Downtown Hazleton, PA






Ice Cream Clouds - West Hazleton, PA



Happy 80th Birthday Lily Tomlin!


School Year Number 20 - BRING IT!



Future Me in FULL effect!
PS: This was written on one of the supply boxes 
that was delivered to my classroom and I don't know
 why. I'm taking it as a sign of good things to come.


Oh hey Kristen! 








Potty Pilgrim - Wind Gap, PA


45 RPM Heaven


Abandoned Shop - Hazleton, PA.
The owners just left all merchandise as is
with dusty Christmas displays in the windows
and coffee cups and water bottles on the counter.



Lehighton, PA



Mall train set under glass - West Hazleton, PA





Long, slow fade.


Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 is 
a great mood to be in... anytime, anyplace.



I paid a visit to my old Staten Island stomping grounds.
The Dakota Diner (above) and a drive-by of the home on
Rice Avenue where my parents and I lived from 1982 - 1986.



I visited Clove Lakes Park for the first time in ages.


I also hit up the Botanical Garden at Snug Harbor.


I don't know why I haven't visited Clove Lakes much but I 
do know this. As I strolled through the park, myriad memories 
overlapped themselves with the present... memories as far back 
as collecting autumn leaves with my nursery school class in the
fall of 1977. While walking around the lake, I heard that voice 
(Spirit) which said "Step off the path and take a photo of the water
now." I did and the photo above was the result. Spirit came through 
once again and, as it does, reminded me that loved ones who are
long gone aren't that far away but omnipresent as I continue to
celebrate my life. Thank you to all who walk with me in Spirit.








Delicate Disc



Make a new friend every day.



Vine Climber



Sidewalk Sunflower




Fallen But Still Colorful


Tiny Tree



Camouflage



Eye Of The Spider


August bows out...




September steps in.