28 September 2019

Massive Attack - Mezzanine XXI Live : Radio City Music Hall - 27 September 2019


The first time I heard Mezzanine by Massive Attack
I was walking over the Brooklyn Bridge. It was 1998
and the newly released CD was playing on my Discman
as a rainstorm erupted over me mid-span. That moment
would immediately contextualize this album for me
forever... or would it? 21 years later, Massive Attack have
reimagined the album and have been playing it in full with
special guests Liz Fraser of Cocteau Twins and Horace Andy.






































This was a truly special evening.
My friends Billy and Kelly and I
got to witness a hypnotic, cinematic
experience which brought a classic album
right into the present with stunning visuals.
Every note played or sung was spot on and every 
song sounded fresh, futuristic and transformative. 
Thank you Massive Attack (and Horace & Liz).
Your individual and collective artistry is timeless.