22 September 2019

Aligned Vibrations: Friends, Family & Found Objects









Another school year starts.



These two are amazing.
Becca and Jennie are among
my all time favorite alumni.



Shadows and surprises happen.





I built some demonstration sculptures in cardboard
and the students followed suit. About 100 painting students
built sculptures that they will depict in drawings and paintings.





Remember: Surprises and friends are everywhere.




Scott's house at the end of another season.





Scott painted his deck and I shouted encouraging 
words from afar because I'm good like that. 




Snug Harbor - Staten Island NYC










Park life close to home







More Snug Harbor
and a sculpture by Tattfoo Tan.







My friend the heron has been around a lot this year.




Scott and Janie and I saw Steve in a 
production of Urinetown, which was
full of stellar performances and direction.










Tatyana and I on FaceTime acting 
NOT AT ALL posed as we take screenshots.


Mom and Dad celebrated their 48th anniversary.
So much love, good fortune and so many stories. 



I ran into Steve at the supermarket and 
decided that he needs to keep the fuchsia 
forelock after his production of Urinetown closes. 


Scott and I went to the Whitney Biennial
(more shots from that in another post).


Nick Maus - Images In Mind (2018)




Eduardo Kobra - Mother Teresa & Gandhi (2018)

















As I mentioned, the heron has been very prominent to me
for the past few months. I looked up the metaphysical meaning
of its presence and it signifies determination and perseverance 
as well as stillness and peace of mind. On the same day that I 
shot the photo above I noticed this Ganesh statue under a tree.
It's been "in my path" for a few days now and it's widely known 
as the remover of obstacles as well as the diety of new beginnings.
I accept these back to back harbingers as signifiers of the space I 
am in and the light along the pathway for positive things to come.








More Snug Harbor, including ART LAB.
This is where I took drawing and painting classes
from age 12-13 and where I got my first job assisting
my art teacher (Jean Miesels) with the younger students.
Needless to say it's still a very special place for me. 








Aligning myself to the next 
phase and ordering the next phase 
to align itself to my higher vibration.