21 June 2023

The Cure: Live At Madison Square Garden (20 June 2023)



Last night I saw The Cure perform the first of three shows at Madison Square Garden on their Songs Of A Lost World Tour. After parking my car, I walked south along 9th Avenue towards the venue. Who should I see on his bicycle? None other than David Byrne...




Prior to the show I got to spend time with my friend Jessica, whom I've known since 1987. We went to high school together and haven't seen one another since we were both in college in 1994. It was wonderful to catch up face to face rather than by internet (however that always works too). Love you, Jess!


After entering MSG, I started sending messages back and forth with a friend named Carlo. He and I have been circling each other at THE SAME CONCERTS FOR DECADES but we had NEVER met until last night. It's wonderful when people reach through the screen and become more vivid and magical than you could imagine them to be. You're a beautiful spirit, Carlo! Thanks for being you. 



The Twilight Sad opened for The Cure, as they had in 2016.
It was really nice to see them again and hear how they've developed. 


With rumbles of thunder, The Cure stepped onstage 
and treated us to 2 hours and 45 minutes of magic.
29 songs. 6 of them new. I'm very much impressed with the
new material and I think many other concertgoers were as well. 
































































The Cure have NEVER disappointed me live.
Thanks, guys, for a great show and for doing what you do.

Anyone who wants to view the setlist can see it HERE.