23 November 2018

Where Did November Go?


In a flash the leaves had their parade.
They exploded into color and fell away.



Election Day... I voted. Did you?



Joni Mitchell is always inspiring
when I'm working... in song or in word.




My workplace continues to bring facepalm moments.



Suburbia casts its usual glow.




Home and my neighborhood
continues to inspire me creatively.




Ugly sweaters make better pictures than possessions.









One of my summer friends stayed through fall.


The buck trots here.


Van Goghnut


Windmill


Siouxsie And The Banshees' debut
album The Scream turned 40 this month.


Holiday gridlock resumes.


20 years ago, three guys were ahead of me on line at
Starbucks on 8th Street. When one of them turned around to say
 “You can go in front of us. We’re still deciding.” I found myself
face to face with Adam Yauch (aka MCA). I thanked him, stepped
around the trio, ordered my drink and turned around to thank him,
Mike D. and Ad Rock for all the great music. Each of them nodded and
thanked me. When I said “I can’t wait to hear your next album.”
they laughed and said “Neither can we!” Several weeks later they
dropped Hello Nasty, which is second only to Paul’s Boutique
as my all time favorite Beastie Boys album.
 I LOVE THIS BOOK! Cheers, fellas. Rest In Peace, Yauch.


Hole - Live Through This
2018 red vinyl release - 1500 copies



Tall trees. Tiny heron.





One thing I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving is the constant
cavalcade of alumni that continue to make me a part of their lives. 
I’ve watched an entire generation of young people evolve 
into their most perfect selves over the past 19 years 
and that’s been a great honor. Cheers to ALL of you. 











This Christmas Shop is extra extra.



Dead Can Dance - Dionysus (2018)



Happy 50th birthday to 
my favorite album of all time.









It's beginning to look a lot
like Thriftmas everywhere you go.


Yes... that's a window display 
of a full season of Star Trek on VHS.










Winter is a time for wool.




I watched the first snow pile up.



As always, I'm grateful to be spending 
Thanksgiving with my Mom and Dad.






As always, my friend and adopted sibling
Steve was part of the fun (as was Chancey).


Dad broke out the Color Flame packets.







It was too much for Chancey to handle.



Clear skies. Cold nights.
This way winter lies with more
holidays and a brand new year ahead.