20 August 2018

Town & Country: Warhol, Wojnarowicz & Wilderness


Recently, my friend Bruce accompanied me to
an event at The Whitney Museum celebrating 
what would have been Andy Warhol's 90th birthday.




We visited the nearby Marinella Senatore installation on
The High Line. This quote is from the poet Warsan Shire.














The event included a DJ, drinks, dancing 
and figure drawing with drag queen models.


We also breezed through the mammoth David 
Wojnarowicz exhibit (which I need to revisit).





Skies and branches continue their color shift.
The country (as always) reflects tiny increments 
of elemental change second by precious second.










Both town and country show their colors.
The city is whatever it is at any given moment.




This sign is never not funny.




My turtle friends produced a
new baby turtle friend in the creek.





As usual, I revisited the Blondie mural
at Bleecker & Bowery. This time I did
the reverse lens thing with my phone 
leaning against the tire of a parked bike.



Oh... and I think I found The Batcave.


My buddy Steve and I visited our friend
Vanessa's intriguing outdoor booth once again. 





I made a new friend whose gender
 and name is as yet undefined. Its only 
identifying marks tell me it was born in 1971.




I watched yet another
Bon-Ton store bite the dust.






I did some summer reading
and packed myself a nice lunch.





There's always time to see, 
hear and explore more sights.




I drank in all things vintage
and took a few of them home.



I followed the rules, as always.










I made the most of all 
available music formats.


Happy 60th Birthday Madonna.
Thank you for EVERYTHING.


R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Rest easy, Lady soul.
Thank you for decades of great music
and an unforgettable live event in 2014.


All things are still coming together.
There is ALWAYS a bright day ahead.