18 June 2011

Alison Arngrim > Confessions Of A Prairie Bitch


The brilliantly funny, literate and insightful Alison Arngrim brought her acclaimed memoir Confessions Of A Prairie Bitch to life with a bold, energetic 90 minute set at NYC's Beechman Theatre.  The show included stories about her mother and father, her life as Nellie Oleson on Little House On The Prairie, well-edited over-the-top video clips of Nellie being as bad as bad can be, ruminations upon the public's perception of her TV alter ego, memoir excerpts read straight from her Kindle and a great deal of warm-hearted audience participation.  My favorite moment?  Her impersonation of Eartha Kitt singing Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" and Rebecca Black's "Friday".



Ms. Arngrim in Nellie Oleson drag at the show's finale.



After the show my friends and I were lucky enough to have some time to spend with her and we were thrilled to know that Alison is every bit the charming, open-hearted and personable woman that her book (and hilarious Twitter posts) suggest.  Follow her > @Arngrim on Twitter.


Myself and Ms. Arngrim (above) and with Scott (below).
I was absolutely floored when I identified myself by Twitter name and she yelled, "Art Skool Damage!"



Ms. Arngrim with Steve (above) and Kristen (below).


Thanks for a wonderful, night, Alison... and thanks for sharing your stories with us.


To all of you out there in the cities where her show is being staged... GO SEE IT!
To the rest of you... GO BUY HER BOOK!  It's a GREAT read.  Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you.