23 April 2023

Spring Things: Colorful Progress


Ready to watch it all turn green again...























These two sunsets were captured two nights in a row.



My friend Steve won Easter 2023 with his Peep Cake.



Chancey owns my parents.




Happy Easter and Happy Spring from The Montone Family
and my adopted brother Steve who is my parents' favorite child.




My Mother always sets an elegant table.







At work... Progress is messy and colorful. 













SENIOR SHOW PREP 2023


EVERYTHING IS CANCELLED I'M BUSY


Debbie Harry KooKoo poster (1981)


One morning I woke up to Andy Williams 
on The Jack Benny Program and that was very nice.


Prince transformed 7 years ago. 
Here is one of many internet tributes that was going around.
People were selecting their 7 favorite Prince songs and in the 
moment, these were the ones that made the top of my list. 


Now Playing: New Order • Technique (1989)
I’ve been in love with this album for 34 years and it hasn’t lost any of its power since I first brought it home on cassette and later on CD. Only recently did I add the vinyl remaster to my collection and I’m very glad that I did. This LP is not only a start to finish masterpiece, it boasts one of my favorite sleeves of all time (by the legendary Peter Saville). I was lucky enough to see the Technique tour at The Brendan Byrne Arena in the summer of 1989 where New Order were joined by Public Image Limited and The Sugarcubes. My most vivid memory of New Order’s set was the final song, “Fine Time”. The band threw us a curveball by ending their show with the opening track from Technique and I loved it. As “Fine Time” built to its multilayered rhythmic climax, large billows of fog lit by colored lighting completely engulfed and obscured the band through the song’s final notes. When the music ended to thunderous applause, the colorful fog cleared, exposing an empty stage. I guess you could call that a Manchester Exit.






Keep your heart as open as the blooming petals. The light will find its way inside.













Messy, colorful, energetic, brilliant. That's how we create worlds. Wishing all of my friends a Springtime full of vibrant, radiant substance from the energetic field. Step into some brilliance today. You deserve it. Love, CDM