19 February 2023

Scenes From Late January And February



Some glimpses of winter through my lens...







STUDENT: “Montone keeps a rock on his desk 
because it reminds him of The Stone Age.”

























Acrylic Landscape Study (2023)
Currently, my painting students are interpreting landscapes in acrylic using pieces of cut and torn cardboard to apply the paint in layers with a variety of swaths, dabs and gestures. This quick demo piece (measuring approximately 7” x 10”) was given to one of my seniors when I was done showing some of these techniques to a small group.



Today is the 100th day of school. Here’s a pop quiz. Which of the following things were said to me by students this week? A.) You like Peeps because they’re easy on your dentures. B.) If someone farted really hard in your general direction you’d keel over and die. C.) Is Madonna trans? D.) All of the above. SIDE NOTE: It’s only Wednesday.


Alumni Surprise! It’s always great to see 
the delightful Abby Clemson. Cheers, kiddo!



CINDY WILLIAMS (1947 - 2023)
Rest In Peace, Shirley Feeney. I’m sure Laverne DeFazio will be there to greet you on the other side. Thanks for everything, Cindy. Say hello to Penny Marshall for us.






Tonight will be my first time seeing live theatre in nearly four years. I’m looking forward to what I’m sure will be a really fun production of Sweet Charity, which is a show (and film) I love. HEY, BIG SPENDER!










When A 2023 Sky Feels Like A 2010 Filter...
I hope February finds all of you happy and well.