29 August 2021

Goodnight August. Goodnight Summer.


Because what I REALLY need is more records.


A Beautiful Sunday In Saylorsburg.





I met this guy in my travels today. 
At first glance he telepathically said “Take me to the records.” 
so I brought him back to my house. It turns out he’s really 
into Bowie so we’re on the same wavelength. Imagine that.


I adopted yet another vintage piece of archaic “dead media” electronics today. One of my all time favorite record / tape / stereo vendors hooked me up with a pristine late 1960s portable 8 track tape player. I christened it with The Carpenters and will feed it a steady diet of other great music in its new and happy home. Thanks, Bobby!







Happy 63rd Birthday Madonna


Same Energy (1984 / 2021)
Work on the new book continues steadily.




I got hooked on SKAM (Norway) thanks to my friend Sean.


Katydid meets The Rolling Stones






48th Summer • 95° Fahrenheit


TRIGGER WARNING: Appreciation Post
Over the past 18 months I’ve been checking in with Annie Lennox’s Instagram posts (IG: @officialannielennox) on a daily basis. Throughout the pandemic, Ms. Lennox has shared photos and videos (both long and short form) from behind her piano where she can often be seen playing and singing her songs and those of others. When doing this, Annie isn’t pushing a product or trying to sell her next album. She is simply asking “Is everyone okay?” while giving us something nice to watch and listen to. In addition, Annie often posts questions and discusses answers posted by fans on the topics of health and safety, meditation, self care and general wellness. Whether she’s performing or simply sharing vignettes of her daily life, the through line is the same: safety, protection, peace and well being. 38 years ago I never would have guessed that the sharply styled woman I was transfixed by in music videos with the orange crewcut and pin striped suit would not only continue to dazzle me with her artistry for decades but also serve as an anchor of calm in a global storm. Thank you, Ms. Lennox, for your continued class, elegance and grace in a difficult time for many and for being all you are… now, then and always. No, really… Would I lie to you?


Oscar Worthy turn from Udo Kier in Swan Song.




Rest In Power
Charles Robert Watts
2 June 1941 - 24 August 2021


From The Archives • Philadelphia (2013)
Charlie Watts was ALWAYS the coolest member of The Rolling Stones. He didn’t want to be Mick, Keith, Brian, Ronnie, Bill or The Other Mick. He just sat behind the drums and played in that cool, lean, signature style that held it all together. Let It Bleed, Charlie. Let It Bleed.




Vintage Watercolors Activated By Rain



That thing when my Dad calls and says “Turn on channel 144 now! There’s an ABBA documentary on!” Every time I hear ABBA I’m a 6 year old in my parents’ dining room wearing giant leathery headphones hooked to an elaborate Fisher multicomponent stereo system trying to see how far the spiral cord will stretch before it dislodges itself from the central tuner. This 1977 Australian cinema poster for ABBA: The Movie is a very lucky recent eBay find. Time is indeed a flat circle.


Flea Market Finds:
Collage / Assemblage Material (1950s / 1960s):
Greeting Cards • Buttons • Envelope Labels • Matchbook • Mighty Mouse Watch Face • Las Vegas Postcard • Plastic Number Game • Labels With Recipes By Ms. Theodore Roosevelt, Lily Pons, Dorothy Kilgallen & Joan Crawford






Set up day... Year 22.
Getting ready for another school year, whatever shape (or
shapes) it takes. Things could turn on a dime and they often do.






Matzoh Mattah Witchu?



The other day, for the first time ever, a black crow was standing very close to me on a trail in the park. I’d never been this close to a crow before and it let me come quite near. Feeling that this was significant, I looked up the various totem interpretations of what a crow symbolizes and found the following: The crow is an intelligent creature that has a high power of observation and intuition that many other animals lack. They lend us the same characteristics by giving us the power of insight that is usually accurate. In short, the crow's spiritual meaning is that of insight, which is hard to come by in any other animal. The crow totem brings the gifts of: clairvoyance, change, magic essence, authenticity, ancient wisdom and sacred laws. There is a great transformation happening within you right now. Trust that your life history has prepared you for this momentous change. In this case, crow symbolism is a sign of change. Like the tarantula, everything that you have been working toward is now coming to fruition. Furthermore, you must pay attention to your thoughts, as well as the omens around you. With this spirit animal’s appearance, the signs are more precise now than they have ever been.