09 October 2022

Octobering


That autumn fever dream has begun.







Once again I cut up all of the cardboard shipping boxes from this year’s art supply order and instructed four of my classes (88 students in total) to build abstract sculptures with the pieces. I helped them cut, tear, peel, roll, manipulate and join the raw material into forms so each student could create individualized environments which they will draw and paint. As a result, each student will end up with a unique series of renderings based on their constructed pieces. What you see here is approximately two thirds of what was built over three class periods.


When these two chuckleheads text you to say they are delivering your Divine Hemp sea green button down shirt DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOUSE that’s some white glove service right there. PS: They’re also much admired alumni. Thanks Brandon and Kyle! More info on Divine Hemp Products here... DIVINE HEMP





I went to see Pet Shop Boys and New Order. 
My first concert in three years. 
More detailed photos are in a previous post. 
Hey Brooklyn, did you miss me?





Collectomundo...
Part of a series of photographs of items taken 
from my shelves during cleaning and rearranging.
The larger lot of these will be seen in a future post. 





Some recently photographed items 
from the magazine archive. These will be aggregated
periodically in other blog posts.





Mom had the idea to host a birthday dinner for my 
friend Steve and my Dad started singing "Volare". OUCH!



My regular side stage seat cost as much as a VIP ticket with swag bag in 2018. Floor seats are now priced as high as 3000 dollars and that is completely shameful. Ticketmaster should be ashamed and I am waiting to hear a public response from Depeche Mode, who are not completely blameless here. 
















Friends and flea market fun... ALWAYS.