03 April 2022

Spring Ahead In Vibrant Color


Prints in progress by my students. 
This one is a hybrid of several plates being
printed atop 1970s peacock gift wrap that I 
bought from the flea markets for my students to use. 





I have been busy curating works from students in grades 9-12
for two spring exhibits... The Underlcassmen and Senior Art Shows.
This is the first time since 2019 that we will be able to have both
exhibits open to the public without any capacity restrictions. 


This is a new diptych collage for my walls in progress.



Always the collector, I have two boxes of collage material that are constantly
added to, one for large images and one for small images. These boxes house
images that are collected specifically for collages to hang in my home. Whatever
doesn't get utilized in a given collage stays stored unless I decide to place these
items in one of my collage sketchbooks... one of which I am currently working on. 




Layouts are photographed before gluing so I can remember
what goes where as elements are inevitably shifted during assembly.


And here it is complete...


Dash Dash Dash Dash
Left Panel (March 2020)


Dash Dash Dash Dash
Right Panel (March 2020)


Dash Dash Dash Dash 
Framed and installed in the living room


How did I miss this 2020 release by Washed Out?
I decided to buy it on CD and blue cassette. 
As I've told many friends, I'm so glad that cassettes
are a "thing" again as they are such fun physical artifacts.
It's been a lot of fun to find and collect cassettes both 
old and new since I started rebuilding my collection and 
 also building it forward with new items back in 2015.


Special thanks to my friend Noreen for this beautiful 
1950s Plasticville Model House Trailer in mint condition. 





More prints. More mess. More fun.




My friend Steve and I found a diner with NO matzoh 
ball soup but it's okay. We improvised with chicken and rice. 


I had fun watching the Oscars until "the slap" happened.
Here's my Oscar. My Dad got it for me in an airport gift shop
in 1994. I guess you could say my category wasn't televised. 





Color at work and at home 
with some Fran Lebowitz thrown in...



Saylorsburg, PA









Norma Desmond is thirsty. 





Lentil soup and a SkyBar. What more do you need?




The outdoor flea market is open for the season once again.
My friend Steve and I had a great time seeing our beautiful 
friend Vanessa. Even this creepy ass baby doll is excited about it!


Here's wishing everyone
a peaceful and vibrant spring.
Stay illuminated. Love, CDM